Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you accept dogs?
We do allow dogs on the understanding that they are not allowed upstairs or on any of the furniture, and that they have been treated for fleas before they come. We should also warn you that many of the local beaches have a dog ban between Easter and October. We can however advise you of alternative beaches for your dog. We make a charge of £35 per dog. Please let us know when booking of any little friends that may be coming.
- Can we smoke in the house?
No, i'm afraid the house is strictly non smoking.
- Do you provide hairdriers?
Yes, there is a hairdryer in every bedroom except the childrens room.
- Where is the nearest supermarket?
There is a Marks and Spencer at the Hayle roundabout on the A30 as you approach St Ives. There is a Tesco just before St Ives in Carbis Bay. You can also do an online delivery from Waitrose, Tesco or Sainsburys.
- Are bed linen and towels provided?
Yes, luxury Egyptian cotton bed linen is provided and towels for the house. We do ask you to bring your own beach towels though.
- Do you provide tea towels?
Yes. We also provide an apron and oven gloves.
- What time can we check in?
3.30 - but we will text you if it is ready before that.
- What time do we have to check out?
I'm afraid it is a big house and takes a long time to clean so we need the house and the parking space by 10. You can leave the car in the garage for a little longer by arrangement.
- Do you put up a christmas tree?
We put up decorations and a tree for Christmas and New Year.
- Are all bills included?
Yes, including WI-FI.
- Can we get extra cleaning during the week?
We will try our best to arrange it. If you are staying for 2 weeks then you will get a change of linen and clean in the middle of your stay.
- What is in your welcome pack?
It depends on the time of year, but it ranges from a tea time treat to a full continental breakfast with croissants and lots of treats.
- When is the balance due for my holiday?
The balance is due 2 months before the start of your holiday.
- What if i need to cancel my holiday?
Please read our terms and conditions.
- Why do you take a damage deposit?
We take £100 damage deposit to cover any damage to the property or its contents, or if additional cleaning costs are incurred. We do however have kids and we do not charge for every glass smashed!
- Do i need to leave the house clean?
Whilst we do not expect it to be spotless we do ask that is left relatively clean and tidy.
- Do you provide logs for the fire?
- We give you the first load free and after that we can provide them at cost.